Good evening!

I hope everyone’s enjoyed their weekend.

I had a pretty rough day, between seeing my mum off and having to rush Oso to an emergency trip to the vet.

I really enjoyed having my mum here, and I feel as though she and I are now closer than ever.

Since I had to rush to get Oso to the vet today, lunch was consumed in sporadic intervals.

While waiting in the vet’s office, I scrounged up a piece of dried papaya that Mum had given me yesterday on our trip to the beach.

Peanut butter and banana sammidge, yum!

We wound up spending about an hour at the veterinary office, and the doctors are still not entirely sure what’s wrong with little Osito.

All I know is sometime early last night, we noticed that one of his eyes were duller than the other, and was red and swollen and inflamed.

The vet thinks he may have a viral infection in his eye, so we’ve started him on some medicine and are hoping for the best.

Steamed veggies (chopped last night by Mum) with hummus.

I had a grand total of maybe a half hour after I got home to inhale some lunch and put on some clean clothes and help Mum finish packing before we had to rush to the airport.

Last night, while at the natural food store, I finally spotted some Udi’s Gluten Free bread.

After hearing so much about it on various blogs and having it so highly recommended, I was extremely excited to pick some up.

A couple bites of generic whipped topping before rushing out the door were consumed.

It did not disappoint!  I ate some last night without toasting it or smearing anything on it, and the flavor was fantastic.  Mum thought it vaguely resembled cornbread in taste, and I agree, but it was a very mild and sweet and nutty flavor.

This afternoon, since I was in such a rush, I quickly thawed two slices in the microwave and slathered it with peanut butter and half a banana.

I don’t recommend microwaving it, though.  It dried it out a bit and made it tough; I suggest setting out a couple slices about an hour before you plan to consume it, to keep it soft and tender.

Eaten in the car on the way to the airport.

Mum chopped up a ton of veggies for a salad last night, and I threw them in the microwave while I assembled my sandwich.

Three minutes later, and I had lunch.  I topped it with hummus and ate it standing up.

I quickly thew on some clean clothes (I had to dress in haste to take Oso to the vet, so I was wearing day-old jeans and an old tank top, and I was covered in fur; I felt grubby) and also managed to sneak in a quick haircut for Mum before we sped off to the airport.

Ate half on the trip back from the airport.

I sniped a few bites of whipped topping before heading out the door.

I was craving sugar like mad today, and later, I discovered why.

I munched on an apple on the way to the airport, and after a round of hugs, watched my Mum go through security.

I nibbled on half of a Larabar on the drive home, and suddenly my sugar cravings made sense.  As soon as I settled into my seat in the car and closed my eyes, I was out like a light.

Quick chili with a rice cake crumbled into it.

I was completely worn out and exhausted from all the emotional highs and lows of the past few days.

As soon as we got home, I snacked on some more sugar in the form of a few slices of pineapple and a couple strawberries, then crawled into bed for a nap.

Generally, I have trouble falling asleep, especially for naps,  but when I crawled into bed, I felt a warm ball of fur and felt Oso snuggle under my arm.  The sound of his motor lulled me into a quick sleep, and I slept for nearly an hour.


I woke up refreshed and starving and craving protein.

I made a very hasty chili out of a tin of chili beans and a tin of black beans, as well as a tablespoon of cumin, a dash of basil, paprika, and chili powder, and a quarter teaspoon of cayenne.  I also threw in 1/3 cup of corn for texture.

Ten minutes later, and dinner was served.  I crumbled a plain rice cake into it, and ate a heaping bowl full of it.

Delicious, but I went into the kitchen to forage a few minutes later.

Yummy green and red grapes.

I found the rest of an Old Dominion peanut bar in my pantry, leftovers from yesterday.

At with 280 calories and 10 grams of protein, this thing would make a delicious way to round out a meal on the run.

The ingredients were simple — peanuts, sugar (corn syrup), and salt.

It was just like peanut brittle, and since it was something like 80 cents at Walgreens, I definitely see myself grabbing it again when I’m out and needing something with a good balance of fat and protein.

Mum bought this for me. Really soothing!

Amor and I just polished off a huge bowl of grapes, and now I’m sipping on some Tummy Comfort tea.

Evidently, I still suffer from chronic stomach pain, and I like complaining about it, but I’ve grown so accustomed to it, that I don’t even realize that I’m whining about my stomach hurting.

Mum noticed, though, and being the loving and doting mother that she is, she grabbed this tea for me at the natural food store yesterday.

I don’t know if it works or not, since I’ve only had it twice, but each time, my pain did subside.  Plus, knowing that my mum bought it for me with love definitely warms my heart. ❤

Are you a tea drinker, or a coffee drinker, or none of the above?

Thanks for reading!

❤ Kaz